Small talk/ fat talk
Do we feel alone in hating our bodies? Wouldn’t you think it’s the opposite?
In the store, a stranger casually cracks a comment about her
clothes feeling too tight, and we smile at each other.
I guess I don’t officially endorse taking weight too
seriously. Life is too short, and
there are baller people of every size and shape on this planet. In spite of their weight. Because of their weight. And yet I find myself consumed with
thoughts about my body, looking at my reflection in the glass windows I pass,
comparing my body to how it used to look and how other bodies look.
What I want is a universal consensus, a huge hand patting me
on the back, saying, “it’s okay, Phat Ally, it DOES suck. Buck up and keep smiling at
strangers like a lady.”
What would help is to stop hearing those comments all the
time, and yet I enjoy those little moments that make me feel like a part of the
Club. What do you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment