Search This Blog

Thursday, November 4, 2010

What is the fatosphere???

It's the Internet haven where fat people can write about their daily difficulties and victories, shame and empowerment, politics, girl crushes. It is peopled by statisticians, nutritionists, fashion designers, queers, and otherwise unremarkable progressive, often politically-minded, wonderful writers on fat issues and advocating fat/body pride. The fatosphere also includes a large number of tumblrs normalizing pictures of fat women.

The most important similarity linking these blogs together is their progressive tone. Fat acceptance is a feminist, and therefore progressive issue. Below, I've included some links from great fatosphere blogs, and a comprehensive list of blogs/tumblrs. I will be sure to create a separate tab for easy access sometime in the near future.

From Corpulent:
Women I Love: Crystal Renn


From Shapely Prose:
The Fantasy of Being Thin


From Living @ 400 lbs:

But...But...But...!

From Shakesville:

Fat Ladies, UK Edition
Weighty Matters

And I must include links to:

Hey, Fat Chick
The Fat Nutritionist
The Manfattan Project
Young, Fat, and Fabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment